Vapour intrusion occurs when vapours from contaminated soil migrate upwards. Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) found in ground gas, soils or groundwater are a source of potentially harmful vapours that can infiltrate overlying buildings and homes. This can result in a health and safety risk to receptors and occupants. It is essential that the vapour intrusion pathway is assessed, and mitigation measures applied if required.
• Photo Ionisation Detector (PID) on-site screening
• Sub-slab and vadose zone monitoring
• Vapor intrusion screening and preferential pathway assessments
• Indoor air monitoring and air quality assessment
• Conceptual site model and complex risk assessment
• Remediation options appraisal and verification
• Prevent health risks due to exposure to VOC vapours
• Provide evidence for regulators and stakeholders
• Site specific and cost-effective solutions
• Accurately understand site conditions and the ground gas regime
At GGS we pride ourselves on providing a professional, expert and bespoke service to our clients. Our GGS family of experts will work with you to understand your specific needs and tailor our services to exactly what your particular project requires.
Our commitment to continuous innovation means we provide our clients with the very latest, and very best, of what ground gas monitoring, assessment and reporting has to offer.
GGS has worked with clients for over 10 years, delivering the highest quality of service. Read more about our projects below.
This former school had outline planning permission and required an immediate Radon risk appraisal
GGS provided sub-floor void monitoring services after installed gas protection measures couldn’t be verified.